Tuesday, July 22, 2014

6 Questions Post Promotion-Dorian Burns

I'm going to start publishing quick little interviews that I have begun with our students after they receive a promotion. First
 up on the blog is Mr. Dorian Burns. 
 

Student: Dorian Burns
Age: 11
Started Training At SWKA: September 2011
Current Rank: Jr. Orange Belt.

Me: "Alright buddy! So how do you feel?"
Dorian: "I feel happy! I feel super pumped!"



Me: "Good deal! So Dorian why did you want to start Kenpo?"
Dorian: "I really just wanted to learn how to defend myself and other people. If someone was hurting someone else I wanted to be able to help people."

Me: "Do you feel better about being able to defend yourself now?" 
Dorian: "Yeah, I remember seeing someone picking on someone on the playground before I started Kenpo. I didn't know how to tell him to stop. So I jumped on the bully's back and I tried to choke him. But Kenpo taught me that it's much better to find a teacher or an adult first. That's the best option. My mom and dad taught me that too."


Me: "What do you love about Kenpo?"
Dorian: I love like, new techniques. I love learning them. Every time I get a new technique it helps fill in more of my empty time during the day, because I'm not allowed to always be on the Xbox."

Me: "What is the hardest thing about Kenpo?"
Dorian: "Hardest thing is remembering stuff. But when I practice and practice then it all comes back to me." 

Me: "Dorian are you going to get your Black Belt?"
Dorian: "Someday! When I'm probably as old as Mr. Braden!" 




No comments:

Post a Comment