Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Physical Poem Penned With Muscle and Bone

My art is what defines me, it is tangled into my being just as steadfast as my very blood.
Without it I would be incomplete.
A half filled shell.
The hollow vacant spaces of my soul would echo with need, substance.
It is a raging fire that burns a swift path throughout my veins.
A drumming pulse of passion.
Strength, need, determination.
I build myself on it, through it I have discovered who I am, what I need, how I should live.
It is my love, I am eternally dependent on it's harsh teachings.
Dry. Parched. I thirst for deep enriching insights.
Absorbing information and relaying it into a physical sonnet penned with my muscles and my bone.
A tangible poetry; words, sentences, paragraphs strung together in motion.
I dance a lethal dance, a dose of beauty and pain.
I sing a song, the chords surging through my body. A crescendo upon impact.
Elongated circles, rounded off corners, straight sharp angles, a specific geometric display, sheer brillance.
It is simple and it is complex.
This is my Kenpo, this is myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment