Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Board Breaking

Everyone loves to watch board/brick breaks. I mean c'mon, you find me somebody who doesn't think that's cool! That first time you have to break one though, "uhhh when's that class so I can skip it," runs through some people's heads I'm sure.

The first time I had to break a board was awful. I spent the entire week before hand getting sick just thinking about it. I psyched myself out before I even had the chance to try. I think it was because I hadn't had a chance to practice before the demo. My first time was during a break-a-thon. It took me 6 times to break my first board. Humiliation station!

Gene started the kids on breaking last night, and the way he did it was awesome! He bought a pine board and prepped it early so each kid would have one and then he took part of class time last night to give them all a chance. Every kid was successful, including one of our brand newbies Mr. Chris Henry who was only on class number two!! :)




It was a great experience for the kids, and really boosted their confidence. I can't wait to continue watching them grow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment